So I finally have done it. I purchased my own domain name. You can now find my blog at www.kieranshalloo.com. I feel that it is the first step in the professional approach that I hope to achieve this year. With this change, I hope that I will gain a view more views on my page, which could hopefully lead to a few more freelance jobs.
In another advancement, maybe on a bigger scale than me changing my domain, Starbucks have unveiled a new logo. Not a radical change but more an evolution of what is already in our minds. The designers have removed the text from the logo and have taken their famous mermaid out of her boundary circle.
There has been a backlash to this logo change although not to the extent of the GAP logo change of a few months ago. Most comments have come through the coffee brands Facebook page.
“Who’s the bonehead in your marketing department that removed the world-famous name of Starbucks Coffee from your new logo? This gold card user isn’t impressed,”
“I’ve been a Starbucks fan since I lived in Portland in the late 80’s and I’ve been in Mississippi for the past 11 years enjoying Starbucks. I’m all for change…I think it’s great, but I’m not impressed with the new logo.”
I am waiting to see how the general public will affect this logo change. Will we see the masses forcing another back pedal as with GAP? Or will Starbucks new logo hold strong.
- Starbucks New Logo (popcrunch.com)
- Starbucks Coffee new logo unveiled (panasianbiz.com)
- Starbucks Explains New Logo (sfist.com)
- Starbucks changes corporate logo (marketwatch.com)
- It’s New Starbucks Logo Day! (slog.thestranger.com)
- Starbucks, Minus the Coffee: New Logo Strips Down (laist.com)
- Starbucks unveils nameless logo: What do you think? (seattlepi.com)